A list of past and upcoming appearances for quick reference.
- currently none
- “The Knowledge and Practice of Galactic War: Warfare As a Complex System in the Culture Series of Iain M. Banks”, academic paper at “Systems and Knowledge”, the 2016 Science Fiction Research Association (SFRA) Conference, University of Liverpool, 28th – 30th June 2016
- “Oppression, Warfare and Transcultural Memory in the Complex Post-Apocalyptic Environments of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Game Series”, academic paper at the 6th annual Current Research in Speculative Fiction (CRSF) Conference, University of Liverpool, 27th June 2016
- “From a Galactic War to a Hydrogen Sonata: Warfare and Ethics in the Culture Novels of Iain M. Banks”, an academic paper at “Diversity in Speculative Fiction” – the academic track of the 72nd World Science Fiction Convention LonCon3, London, 14th – 18th August 2014
- “Uncommon Wealths in Science Fiction, Uncommon Wealths of Science Fiction: Discourses on the Nature of Wealth, Sharing and Control in the Science Fictions of Battle for Terra and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl“ – academic paper at the 15th triennial EACLALS Conference “Uncommon Wealths: Riches and Realities”, University of Innsbruck, 14th – 18th April 2014
- “Complicating the Scale Continuum: Challenging the Boundaries of the Local-Global Binarism in Literary and Cultural Studies” – academic paper at the 1st annual conference of the postgraduate forum Postcolonial Narrations – “Challenging Boundaries: Postcolonial Narratives and Notions of the Global”, Georg August University Göttingen, 10th – 12th October 2013
- “The Empire Fragmented but Unbroken: Empire and the Circuits of Contact in the Science Fiction of Avatar“ – academic paper at the 16th Triennial ACLALS Conference “‘The current unbroken/ the circuits kept open’: Connecting Cultures and the Commonwealth”, St. Lucia, 5th – 9th August 2013
- “Ecocriticism and Environmental Imagination in Anglophone Science Fiction: A Crash Course”, a workshop at “Just Politics? – Postcolonial Ecocriticism between Imagination and Occupation”, the 11th ASNEL/GAPS Summer School, University of Potsdam, 2-6 September 2013
Conventions, Panels, Discussions
- “A Future Europe”, panel discussion at Mancunicon (Eastercon 2016)
- “The World at Worldcon: Eastern European and Baltic SF/F”, panel discussion at LonCon3 (Worldcon 72)
- “The Wrong Apocalypse”, panel discussion at LonCon3
- “How Do You Divide a Railroad”, panel discussion at LonCon3
If you are a scholar and would like more details on my appearances (paper abstracts, research interests, etc.), you can use the button below to contact me via my Academia.edu profile.